Saturday, November 12, 2011

Day 3 AKA Mac's 5th Birthday!

We started the day with a few presents and much fanfare to our sweet boy, who was officially a 5 year old!  I was told prior to our trip to make sure we stopped by Town Square in Magic Kingdom on this day and get a "Birthday" button for Mac to wear.  Well...in true Disney fashion, by the time we made it to his actual birthday, we had already been presented with 3 birthday buttons-no need to stop by and ask for one! 1st one came from our super awesome travel agent when she sent our final trip documents, 2nd one came as we checked into the CBR-the clerk said "oh I see you are celebrating a birthday on your trip!"  He made one on the spot.  Then...we get to our room and yet another one was waiting on our birthday boy!

We started our day in the Magic Kingdom-it was a beautiful day to be there.  There was so much to look at and take in.  We took our time walking down Main Street, stopped to look in store windows and of course take pictures of Cinderella's Castle-oh how I love her!  We had lunch at Pinocchio's Village Hause.  Very good quick food and we found a table next to a huge window overlooking the "It's a Small World" ride.  People in the boats waved to us as they passed by-it was alot of fun.

First ride: It's a Small World.  M LOVED it and although it's probably one of the oldest rides there, you can't help but love it.  It was the sweetest thing to watch my child ooh and ahhh over all of the sights and sounds.  The other rides we did were: (I've included my opinions of course)

Peter Pan:  Your ride is a pirate ship and you "fly" over London and Neverland.  Must-do!

Snow White (I hear this one is going to be replaced soon): Very old, just as I remember it from childhood. 

Pirates of the Caribbean: We all wanted to ride this one until we got down to the area where you board your boat.  It was very dark and Mac was a little hesitant.  It didn't help that a child about his age was SCREAMING next to us b/c he did not want to go on the ride. We assured Mac, and he sat in between us on the boat.  He LOVED it and so did we.  The ride has been updated some since my last visit to include Capt Jack Sparrow and story lines from the recent movies.  To this day I am still not sure if Capt Jack was a real person or an animatronic...he was that real looking.

Alice's Teacups: I loved these as a child, not so much as an adult.  Made me dizzy. 

Jungle Cruise:  A TOTAL must do.  Lots of cheesy jokes from the boat captain and just alot of wholesome fun!

Cinderella's Carousel:  Its a carousel...

Hall of Presidents: I didn't do this one but the boys did while I looked around the Christmas Shoppe.  I am told M LOVED it and I can admit he recited some information he learned from the show and he told me he liked it!  I'm glad 2 out of 3 of us are cultured...

WDW BONUS:  If you are wearing an "It's my Birthday" button, everyone, and I mean everyone, makes sure to give you some attention! The cast members at the rides ALL wished M a happy birthday, as did other employees, and lots of other "friends" in lines with us or just walking by! M asked us "how do they know my name?" It was fabulous!!

We had birthday dinner reservations at The Coral Reef at 5pm in EPCOT, so we hopped the monorail for the short trip over.


More birthday fun awaits...




No comments:

Post a Comment